Friday, August 8, 2008

Best photo forward

Have you ever wondered how celebrities look in real life? Do they have bad hair days? Personally I don't have bad hair days, or good hair days, I have hair and it does what it wants to, when it wants to. No sense fighting it. But I digress.

If you met a movie star or pop culture icon in the supermarket would you even recognize them? You've probably seen the tabloids where the headlines scream PLASTIC SURGERY GONE SOUTH and show you photos of Ms Glitz and how her smile is stretched so tight you could bounce a quarter off it. Compare that with the Celebrity Photos in the latest four color glossy fashion magazine and she looks fabulous.

I've been fortunate to meet a few actresses, models, dancers in my life and the truth is somewhere in between. When they're just being regular people they pretty much look like regular people. Okay maybe really good looking regular people, but not drop-dead-gorgeous-oh- my-gawd-he-can't-be-that-handsome people. Except for George Clooney. I met him years ago before he was an established actor and he was unbelievably handsome. Sigh.

The difference between you and I and the stars, is that they are paid to look great, we're not. They also have a stable of professionals to help them dress, make up, do their hair, even style them. We just have "What not to wear."

Dee

No comments: